Wednesday 13 April 2011

Island Highland - Hello

First blog... probably a little premature and definately a bit nerve racking!

Only recently I have become obsessed with the world of blogging. I have my best friend Catherine from little glowinging lights to blame for this. Most mornings at work I find myself checking her blog to see what exciting and fun things she has been doing without me! So now it is my turn to take the bull by its horns and give it a go....

I love islands and I love the highlands. Especially those in Tasmania.

10 quick things to tell you about myself to begin with:

  1. I live in Electrona, south of Hobart, in a smallish timber weatherboard cottage that is currently being gutted & renovated.
  2. My husband is a builder which helps with the above.
  3. I love fly fishing - in fact all types of fishing.
  4. I drive a Troopcarrier. Have had it since I got my learner's licence. Its name in Bacchus and I will never sell it.
  5. I am an Architect.
  6. I like to go to antique shops & tip shops on the weekends (when not renovating which is very rare these days).
  7. I don't read many books but devour design magazines within seconds.
  8. I inherited 4 new step-children when I got married in March last year. I love it when they come to stay because I can act like a kid again.
  9. I mostly wear black but love chunky brightly coloured jewellery.
  10. I want to travel around Australia in Bacchus for 6 months.


view from our shack at the Lakes

 camping trip to north-east coast Tassie with kids

I hope this is the start of many (hopefully interesting!) blogs to follow. I am sure they will be full of renovating stories & photos plus plenty of Tasmanian camping trips thrown in for good measure.

Rose

3 comments:

  1. Hello rose! Welcome to the blogging world : ) very excited to see you here!
    Love c
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose Just following you here, thanks to Catherine's recommendation. I see she, Sarah and I are your first three followers - all Hobartians! Welcome to Blogland ☺. J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome!!! Watch out you will get addcited
    Mox

    ReplyDelete