Wednesday 20 April 2011

Easter road trip

Easter time. Holidays - well a long weekend anyway.

My husband is on his way to pick up the kids at the moment and I am counting down the hours till I get to leave work. Tonight is going to be family night and general catch up (haven't seen them since January). Tomorrow we will head off on road trip. It will probably involve a few nights at the lakes and a few nights in Queenstown.

I have attached a few old photos from previous road trips heading in such a direction. I love the road from Derwent Bridge to Queenstown - full on majestic panoramic mountain views and lush green rainforrest. The last photo is a personal favorite of mine. It is my dad sitting, watching and waiting for a trout to rise. We have spent many hours sitting on this bench...waiting and talking (usually with a red wine in hand). Oh how I love that spot....









2 comments:

  1. Have a lovely long weekend- we have beautiful mountains in the west don't we!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! what a lovely part of the world to be driving through :)

    ReplyDelete